Celebrating DadsThis blog is dedicated to celebrating guys who choose to be a Really Cool Dad, while exposing the stereotypes and silliness from those who promote the outdated notion of fatherhood, the Neanderthal Dad. I want to know what you think. Share your thoughts and comments with me.
- Unsolicited Advice
- Wake Up Call for Aspiring Athletes
- Simple notes to my younger self.
- No Lifeguard on Duty
- Father’s Day Twitter Chat, #MomsOfBoysChat
- One step forward.
- What’s your family worth?
- 8 Things I Wish Someone Told Me Before I Became a Dad.
- A moment or more of silence.
- Plays well with others.
- Parenting Wisdom for Lance Armstrong
- No do-over.
- How can you be so poor with so much money?
- Adventures of a Really Cool Cook
- Are you a Really Cool Dad?
- RT @RachelintheOC: When A School Didn't Excuse His Kids For A Family Trip, This Dad Gave A Brilliant Response via @aplusapp http://t.co/X4Y… 3 weeks ago
- @ukatdyslexia Yes. "Just try harder" was so disheartening. #DDchat 3 weeks ago
- @tosheeturtle Exactly. I'm not "crazy-lazy-stupid-disrespectful-weird" or—and this was the worst—"wrong". #DDchat @ukatdyslexia 3 weeks ago
- @DyslexiaAndMe @ukatdyslexia Yes. Lots of different behaviours (and negative comparisons to peers) made a lot more sense. #DDchat 3 weeks ago
- @tosheeturtle I didn't know until mid 30s. It was a huge 'aha' moment of clarity; understanding vs self-criticism. #DDchat @ukatdyslexia 3 weeks ago
Category Archives: Marketing
It’s no secret that positive dad examples in advertising are still few and far between. There are plenty of daddy-bloggers squawking in the blogosphere about Huggies, Oscar Mayer, Philips Norelco and any number of consumer product companies who have stumbled … Continue reading
P&G’s latest ad has insulted some dads. As part of their 2012 Olympic campaign, the global marketer has a tear-inducing ad that watches as a baby girl grows into an Olympic athlete, and recognizes mom for all her support. It’s … Continue reading
A commercial from Huggies™ got a pretty severe lashing from a number of men’s groups recently. I didn’t see the ad, but apparently they ran a campaign insinuating that dads were clumsy or rough with diapers. You can read about … Continue reading