Celebrating DadsThis blog is dedicated to celebrating guys who choose to be a Really Cool Dad, while exposing the stereotypes and silliness from those who promote the outdated notion of fatherhood, the Neanderthal Dad. I want to know what you think. Share your thoughts and comments with me.
- I’ve been busy.
- Unsolicited Advice
- Wake Up Call for Aspiring Athletes
- Simple notes to my younger self.
- No Lifeguard on Duty
- Father’s Day Twitter Chat, #MomsOfBoysChat
- One step forward.
- What’s your family worth?
- 8 Things I Wish Someone Told Me Before I Became a Dad.
- A moment or more of silence.
- Plays well with others.
- Parenting Wisdom for Lance Armstrong
- No do-over.
- How can you be so poor with so much money?
- Adventures of a Really Cool Cook
- @iproposethis As always, awareness, compassion and nuance go a long way. @MediatedReality 3 days ago
- @iproposethis Thanks for engaging. I'm glad I caught that tweet; I can add a little more clarity today. 3 days ago
- @iproposethis Yes. This is where my privilege shows up. 3 days ago
- @iproposethis Fair enough. Then again, I don't tend to get controversial, so I'm kind of immune to backlash. So far, anyway. 3 days ago
- @iproposethis That's an interesting premise. I thought a paraphrased rule of SoMe was never post anything that you wouldn't want amplified. 3 days ago
Category Archives: Sports
Plenty of parents want their child to play sports, and some kids even excel. And anyone who hangs around long enough knows that parents of Olympic level athletes share a common story of early morning practices, and the dedication shared … Continue reading
Dave Banks with Wired magazine posted an open letter to the NHL, commenting on the level of violence displayed in the most recent games, but also showcasing the deterioration of the sport over time. It’s a great letter; read it. … Continue reading