Celebrating DadsThis blog is dedicated to celebrating guys who choose to be a Really Cool Dad, while exposing the stereotypes and silliness from those who promote the outdated notion of fatherhood, the Neanderthal Dad. I want to know what you think. Share your thoughts and comments with me.
- What’s next? Career advice from off the career path.
- I’ve been busy.
- Unsolicited Advice
- Wake Up Call for Aspiring Athletes
- Simple notes to my younger self.
- No Lifeguard on Duty
- Father’s Day Twitter Chat, #MomsOfBoysChat
- One step forward.
- What’s your family worth?
- 8 Things I Wish Someone Told Me Before I Became a Dad.
- A moment or more of silence.
- Plays well with others.
- Parenting Wisdom for Lance Armstrong
- No do-over.
- How can you be so poor with so much money?
Moments worth TweetingTweets by AReallyCoolDad
Monthly Archives: December 2011
Mere weeks after public outcry over a gay teen’s suicide and months of ‘It Get’s Better’ campaigns, the last thing I expected to read was Christie Blatchford’s article in Canada’s National Post newspaper, where she writes that Toronto is full … Continue reading
Posted in Current News, That's Not Right Tagged boys, bullies, culture, Gay, hugs, neanderthal myth, teasing, violence Leave a comment
Swear Words: The Next Generation
I knew my share of swear words when I was young. The big ones; the ones that might get your mouth washed out with soap. I’m sure I learned them from friends with older brothers, and I knew not to … Continue reading
Posted in Culture, Education, That's Not Right, Thinking Differently, Values Tagged culture, Families, language, lazy parent, school, swearing, TV Leave a comment