Celebrating DadsThis blog is dedicated to celebrating guys who choose to be a Really Cool Dad, while exposing the stereotypes and silliness from those who promote the outdated notion of fatherhood, the Neanderthal Dad. I want to know what you think. Share your thoughts and comments with me.
- What’s next? Career advice from off the career path.
- I’ve been busy.
- Unsolicited Advice
- Wake Up Call for Aspiring Athletes
- Simple notes to my younger self.
- No Lifeguard on Duty
- Father’s Day Twitter Chat, #MomsOfBoysChat
- One step forward.
- What’s your family worth?
- 8 Things I Wish Someone Told Me Before I Became a Dad.
- A moment or more of silence.
- Plays well with others.
- Parenting Wisdom for Lance Armstrong
- No do-over.
- How can you be so poor with so much money?
Moments worth Tweeting
- A5 Work/Life balance is based on setting your own expectations; don't let others set your standards. #lifeofdad #EMSLife 6 years ago
- Hey - haven't seen this chat in a long time. Nice to see it's still going. #lifeofdad 6 years ago
- Thanks for visiting the community. twitter.com/outinschools/s… 6 years ago
- Once again I missed a #LifeofDad chat. Damn. 6 years ago
- A6 Also, not all screen time is equal. We've had to be fluid with limits and purpose. #lifeofdad 6 years ago
Tag Archives: Families
Father’s Day Twitter Chat, #MomsOfBoysChat
This is going to be fun. I get to co-host the Father’s Day Twitter chat (Friday, June 14th) with Marie and the #momsofboyschat community. I hope you’ll join in at 10pm EST (7pm PST). I often feel like I’m crashing … Continue reading
Posted in Current News, Diary, Inspirations Tagged boys, Dad, Families, inspiration Leave a comment
8 Things I Wish Someone Told Me Before I Became a Dad.
I was once an expectant father. Like most modern dads, I read the books, took the classes, and participated in everything I could (as long as I was welcome). I was eager and involved, but I’m also not afraid to … Continue reading
Posted in Culture, Diary, Inspirations, Values Tagged Barney the Dinosaur, Childbirth, competition, culture, Dad, Families, Grandparents, inspiration, Media, Parents, Reality, school, Society, Time, TV 4 Comments
How can you be so poor with so much money?
I often travel through the Downtown Eastside (DTES) with my child. If you don’t know, Vancouver’s DTES is regarded as one of North America’s “worst” neighbourhoods, if “worst” is defined by poverty, drug use/abuse, homelessness, urban decay and petty crime. … Continue reading
Posted in Adventures, Diary, Values Tagged Families, mental health, Poor, Rich, Vancouver 1 Comment
Are you a Really Cool Dad?
Being a dad isn’t about rules or one perfect situation that we should all strive to achieve; fatherhood isn’t a competition. Being a Really Cool Dad is an attitude; it’s about the relationship with the children you create and you … Continue reading
Posted in Culture, Inspirations, Values Tagged attitude, Dad, Families, marriage, Poor, Rich 2 Comments