Celebrating DadsThis blog is dedicated to celebrating guys who choose to be a Really Cool Dad, while exposing the stereotypes and silliness from those who promote the outdated notion of fatherhood, the Neanderthal Dad. I want to know what you think. Share your thoughts and comments with me.
- What’s next? Career advice from off the career path.
- I’ve been busy.
- Unsolicited Advice
- Wake Up Call for Aspiring Athletes
- Simple notes to my younger self.
- No Lifeguard on Duty
- Father’s Day Twitter Chat, #MomsOfBoysChat
- One step forward.
- What’s your family worth?
- 8 Things I Wish Someone Told Me Before I Became a Dad.
- A moment or more of silence.
- Plays well with others.
- Parenting Wisdom for Lance Armstrong
- No do-over.
- How can you be so poor with so much money?
Moments worth Tweeting
- A5 Work/Life balance is based on setting your own expectations; don't let others set your standards. #lifeofdad #EMSLife 6 years ago
- Hey - haven't seen this chat in a long time. Nice to see it's still going. #lifeofdad 6 years ago
- Thanks for visiting the community. twitter.com/outinschools/s… 6 years ago
- Once again I missed a #LifeofDad chat. Damn. 6 years ago
- A6 Also, not all screen time is equal. We've had to be fluid with limits and purpose. #lifeofdad 6 years ago
Category Archives: Inspirations
What’s next? Career advice from off the career path.
I’ve been pretty fortunate in my life; I’ve attempted to make careers out of my passions, and so far I’ve done okay. As parents, we want to know our children will be alright. We want to know that they will … Continue reading
Posted in Adventures, Culture, Inspirations, Thinking Differently, Values Tagged Best Advice Ever, career, Career Path, education, inspiration, Worklife Balance Leave a comment
I’ve been busy.
I know the worst thing a blogger can do is go silent. Extended breaks—especially disappearances—are a slap in the face to regular readers and undermine any credibility to those who just pop by for a peek. There’s really no excuse. … Continue reading
Posted in Diary, Inspirations Tagged Blogs, Controversy, Dad, Pop Culture Leave a comment
Wake Up Call for Aspiring Athletes
Plenty of parents want their child to play sports, and some kids even excel. And anyone who hangs around long enough knows that parents of Olympic level athletes share a common story of early morning practices, and the dedication shared … Continue reading
Posted in Adventures, Inspirations, Sports Tagged Athlete, Athletic Commitment, Commitment, competition, health, inspiration, Kids Sports, play, sports, winning 5 Comments
Simple notes to my younger self.
Just dropped my son off for a few days away from home. I have no idea what adventures he will encounter or who he will befriend along the way, but I really want him to know the things I know … Continue reading
Posted in Adventures, Cool dad in action, Culture, Diary, Friendships, Inspirations, milestones, Rules, Values Tagged culture, friendships, inspiration, life rules, popularity, privilege, wisdom Leave a comment