Celebrating DadsThis blog is dedicated to celebrating guys who choose to be a Really Cool Dad, while exposing the stereotypes and silliness from those who promote the outdated notion of fatherhood, the Neanderthal Dad. I want to know what you think. Share your thoughts and comments with me.
- What’s next? Career advice from off the career path.
- I’ve been busy.
- Unsolicited Advice
- Wake Up Call for Aspiring Athletes
- Simple notes to my younger self.
- No Lifeguard on Duty
- Father’s Day Twitter Chat, #MomsOfBoysChat
- One step forward.
- What’s your family worth?
- 8 Things I Wish Someone Told Me Before I Became a Dad.
- A moment or more of silence.
- Plays well with others.
- Parenting Wisdom for Lance Armstrong
- No do-over.
- How can you be so poor with so much money?
- A5 Work/Life balance is based on setting your own expectations; don't let others set your standards. #lifeofdad #EMSLife 5 years ago
- Hey - haven't seen this chat in a long time. Nice to see it's still going. #lifeofdad 5 years ago
- Thanks for visiting the community. twitter.com/outinschools/s… 6 years ago
- Once again I missed a #LifeofDad chat. Damn. 6 years ago
- A6 Also, not all screen time is equal. We've had to be fluid with limits and purpose. #lifeofdad 6 years ago
Author Archives: Stephen Abbott
I’m married. More importantly, I am committed to being married. We have a family, and when our life hits the fan, we stop the chaos and work through it. We do it together. Both my wife and I have developed … Continue reading
I was once an expectant father. Like most modern dads, I read the books, took the classes, and participated in everything I could (as long as I was welcome). I was eager and involved, but I’m also not afraid to … Continue reading
The weeks leading up to the Christmas holiday were filled with the typical energy and excitement. I didn’t expect to post very much during the family holiday, but I certainly didn’t expect to fall off the radar, either. The horrific … Continue reading