Celebrating DadsThis blog is dedicated to celebrating guys who choose to be a Really Cool Dad, while exposing the stereotypes and silliness from those who promote the outdated notion of fatherhood, the Neanderthal Dad. I want to know what you think. Share your thoughts and comments with me.
- What’s next? Career advice from off the career path.
- I’ve been busy.
- Unsolicited Advice
- Wake Up Call for Aspiring Athletes
- Simple notes to my younger self.
- No Lifeguard on Duty
- Father’s Day Twitter Chat, #MomsOfBoysChat
- One step forward.
- What’s your family worth?
- 8 Things I Wish Someone Told Me Before I Became a Dad.
- A moment or more of silence.
- Plays well with others.
- Parenting Wisdom for Lance Armstrong
- No do-over.
- How can you be so poor with so much money?
Moments worth Tweeting
- A5 Work/Life balance is based on setting your own expectations; don't let others set your standards. #lifeofdad #EMSLife 6 years ago
- Hey - haven't seen this chat in a long time. Nice to see it's still going. #lifeofdad 6 years ago
- Thanks for visiting the community. twitter.com/outinschools/s… 6 years ago
- Once again I missed a #LifeofDad chat. Damn. 6 years ago
- A6 Also, not all screen time is equal. We've had to be fluid with limits and purpose. #lifeofdad 6 years ago
Author Archives: Stephen Abbott
Simple notes to my younger self.
Just dropped my son off for a few days away from home. I have no idea what adventures he will encounter or who he will befriend along the way, but I really want him to know the things I know … Continue reading
Posted in Adventures, Cool dad in action, Culture, Diary, Friendships, Inspirations, milestones, Rules, Values Tagged culture, friendships, inspiration, life rules, popularity, privilege, wisdom Leave a comment
No Lifeguard on Duty
Nothing is more tragic than a preventable accident made worse by lazy, apathetic parents. If you take on the awesome responsibility of caring for a child—even for a day or an hour—I believe there are four skills you should absolutely … Continue reading
Father’s Day Twitter Chat, #MomsOfBoysChat
This is going to be fun. I get to co-host the Father’s Day Twitter chat (Friday, June 14th) with Marie and the #momsofboyschat community. I hope you’ll join in at 10pm EST (7pm PST). I often feel like I’m crashing … Continue reading
Posted in Current News, Diary, Inspirations Tagged boys, Dad, Families, inspiration Leave a comment